Everything regarding how to look for funding opportunities on Hockeystick!
You are able to use the Browse section to filter through and narrow down your search, showing the most relevant funding opportunities for your needs.
Below we breakdown each filter type and sub-type and tell you what they mean:
- Funder type - Describes the type of investor the organization is, and its high-level funding offering
- Focus vertical/industry - The vertical or industry the funder mainly invests in.
- Focus business model - The type of business model that the funder mainly invests in.
- Focus pricing model - The type of pricing model that the funder mainly invests in.
- Country - The specific country the companies are based from that the funder mainly invests in.
- State/Province - The specific state or province the companies are based from that the funder mainly invests in.
- City - The specific city from which companies are based from that the funder mainly invests in.
- Monthly recurring revenue - The minimum amount of monthly recurring revenue companies should have that this funder invests in.
- Trailing 12 months revenue - The minimum amount of revenue made in the last 12 months companies should have that this funder invests in.
- Funding raised to date - The minimum amount of external funding raised companies should have that this funder invests in.
- Learn more about managing your connections using this filter in this help article!
For example, you can apply the filters below if you wanted to find out what pilot funding, small grants, subsidies or tax credits were out there for your early stage company:
It is important to note that not all funders use the same criteria, even when they are the same type, so we encourage you to try different filters and "widen your net" occasionally!
After applying a filter(s), you will see the messaging of "Showing X out of Y". This means that we are showing you the full list of results that fit your chosen criteria (X) from ALL the available funding opportunities within our database (Y). For example, below we can see that we have 19 results for different government funding sources, out the of 142 total funding opportunities (ie. funders) in the platform at this time: